Copy after Frank Dicksee - Study for Chivalry

11x7.5", pencil on paper

I started this copy about a week ago and it's been going pretty slowly (just because it's so hard to find the time lately--when does school start again!?). I ended up staying up a little too late last night finishing it up because I was getting pretty sick of it hanging around. I definitely chose the wrong texture of paper for copying the original, and I have a feeling the original may have been a bit smaller than I made it here, just based on the lines and such. I was trying to do a little less measuring this time around. Which resulted in my oversizing everything like I do. Point being, this didn't end up being the most accurate copy. It's after Frank Dicksee's study for his painting "Chivalry."

I always love seeing peoples' progress shots, so just in case this interests anyone, here are mine. And Dicksee's painting from this study down below :)




 

Photo: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dicksee-Chivalry-1885.jpg#/media/File:Frank_Dicksee_-_Chivalry.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June