Loosen up!

After last night's figure drawing, I decided I just needed to try to loosen up a bit. 

First, from this morning, 15-second sketches of my 2-year old. He doesn't hold still, even for 15 seconds ;) 


 Second, Bargue figures. I do apologize to Mr. Bargue--I'm fairly sure this is not how he intended his figures to be used. I promise I'll make a more careful copy later :) But my goal here was to get the lines down quickly and without a lot of fuss. And I'm pretty sure I got the quickly part down--still a little more fuss than I was going for (and too extreme in the the angles! straight lines, straight). 

I went from 20, to 10, to 5-minute copies, which is probably a little backward from your usual gesture exercises, but I had to ease into drawing that fast. And no, they are not accurate. I did my best in the short amount of time I allotted myself.




Ouch, the envelope on that last one--too wide, Stacy! Too wide (always too wide). \

I might give this exercise a couple more five-minute goes tonight--just for fun :P And then try a similar exercise with some of those stone critter trinkets I collected as a kid. I've got my weekend all planned out. Fun, fun (and I'm definitely not touching that painting until I feel I've worked myself out of the artistic funk I've been in the past few days). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June