Figure Drawing


This was a fun one with all that drapery. I think I may have gone a little overboard with the shading, but the drawing went a little faster last night than it sometimes does (I think the sheet formed a nice natural envelope so it wasn't quite as difficult to visualize ;), so I started shading. Also, didn't quite get the portrait quite as well as I would have liked, but oh well.

I've been trying to get a little sketching done throughout the day (especially on days when I'm going figure drawing), so I'll be warmed up before jumping into a figure drawing. So, here's a silly little sketch of a ceramic pitcher (10 minutes or so) from yesterday afternoon. I don't usually pencil sketch inanimate objects (people are so much more interesting, right?!), but I should do it more. They don't move, which is always a plus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June