Work in progress

8x10, water mixable oil on canvas panel, 1/30/16

I recently had the chance to meet this sweet little guy. He's our newest nephew, and I don't know what it is about newborns, but snuggling a newborn is just about the closest to heaven I think I'll get in this life :)

Anyway, I'm sort of the resident photographer on my husband's side of the family, so I got to take lots of photos over Christmas, and this one was just screaming to be painted.

As usual, it's always more difficult than it looks--all those subtle temperature changes in that purply newborn skin! 

We will see how this goes, but I figured I had better get a photo before I continue because, well, it could really go up or down from here :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June