Work in progress


My friend Inez has been encouraging me to paint the tabernacle for a show that's coming up in February. So I'm giving it a try--this is my second attempt at the building, and I just started laying a bit of color on tonight. 

I find I really don't have much interest in making buildings precise and accurate. Maybe I should make myself try to care? Or then, maybe I should just roll with it :) I'll probably go with the latter (for now, anyway). When I'm drawing a face, I really care about accuracy, and I find it incredibly rewarding to get it right. But when I'm drawing a building, I'm finding that I'm more interested in the overall feel of the image (maybe tells me something about how I view the world?) and less about the nit-picky details. 

And really, what I 'm finding most interesting about this image is that sky! the warmer blue against the cooler purple-gray of the clouds, and occasional brilliant white. The sky is the fun part :) Tomorrow I'll have to get on with doing the dirty work of painting all those little tiny sections of the building. But now, I'm just tired (and it's really never a good idea for me to keep painting when I'm tired ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June