Figure drawing

12x9", pencil on paper, 1/26/16

My figure drawing from last night. I'm still fighting the tendency to blow my drawing up larger than it should be :/ I think I did alright with keeping the lower half of the body to size, but the head and shoulders definitely seem a little top heavy--shoulders too broad and starting too high, and thus head a little large too. I like his face, though. It looks quite a bit like him :) 

It's strange how as I step back and evaluate my drawing, I'm aware of the proportion errors, and I erase over and over, but end up doing the same thing when I get into the drawing--there must be different parts of the brain firing. Gotta get that in sync. Brains are wild and wonderful things ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June