It's not you, it's me.


I gave it one last shot, but there lies my poor nephew's image in the garbage can. I'm not sure how many times I will have to attempt to paint something in shades of white (aka gray in all its minute variations) before realizing that they are SO much more difficult than they initially look. And then there's that squishy newborn head... ;) 

I'm sure it wasn't effort wasted. Every time I get out a paintbrush is worth the while. But I've found it's much better to just toss something out rather than continue laboring over a painting that will just never work. I used to have a harder time with this (I think because I used to paint or draw so much less frequently). Now I don't mind it so much because I'm determined to keep doing this for a while. There will be plenty of opportunities for a redo in the future :)

Two steps forward, one step back--or something like that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June