Starting a copy


I decided to copy this beautiful drawing of Sargent's. The top image is from a book of drawings by Sargent I have (Dover Art). The second image (colorful one) I found online from a New York City gallery. It was exposed a little more, so I thought it would give me a little more info in the dark areas. 

Is it just me, or do they look like different drawings? I started the copy last night from the bottom image, and then when I picked it up again today, I had the top image in my hand and had to move the facial features around. I don't know if it's just some weird trick of the camera (lens distortion?) or the difference in exposure level or what... but I prefer the top image, so I'm going to go with that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June