Figure Drawing


Yesterday was a long day. For some reason, the day after getting back from a trip is always a hard one. There's the let-down of getting back into swing of real life, coupled with the unpredictable behavior of the two little ones (who are also adjusting to the normal routine again after all the excitement of travel). 

By the time I got out the door to go drawing I was completely exhausted already, and I was really feeling it as I drew last night. I decided to try out the "sight-size" approach again, standing at the easel and drawing the model the exact same size as she was in my field of vision. It was really frustrating, actually, and I started over a few times. I think my exhaustion played a role. The last 20 minutes, I decided to give it a rest, and moved on to a non-sight-size, no pressure portrait to loosen up a bit. Obviously I didn't have time to finish, or worry too much about getting everything exact--probably a good thing :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June