Little Pumpkin

8x8", water mixable oil on canvas board, 10/9/15

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. it would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?"
-Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomeru

This is a souvenir pumpkin one of my kids picked out at the pumpkin patch the other day--turns out I shouldn't have attempted to wrangle them through the corn maze without another adult along for the ride, because there was a terrifying 10 minutes in which my 4-year-old daughter got lost in the corn maze (me running around with a baby on my hip shouting her name like a crazy woman--to no response--that is, until a kind stranger took her under wing and found me). 

Anyway, happy October! (Next time I will try for a little less awkward placement on the canvas. I'm trying to get better at thinking through all the details before I begin something, but I'm afraid it's gonna take a lot of practice before I consistently get all my ducks in a row ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June