Thistleweed in a Jam Jar

10x8", water mixable oil on canvas board, 6/23/15

We were out for a walk on Sunday afternoon and there were all of these beautiful purple thistles in bloom along the side of the road. I know they're noxious weeds and all, but I just couldn't help but notice how beautiful they were, their spiky blooms contrasting against the bright blue of the summer sky (yes, they are that tall!). My handy husband had a multitool pocket knife along (the eagle scout is always prepared), and we were able to saw a couple of them off so I could gaze at them a little longer. Rummaging through our cupboard for a vase when we got home, all I could find was this little old jam jar--and I think it fits. Nothing says summer like weeds in a jam jar ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June