Five Little Peppers

6x6", water mixable oil on gessobord, 6/3/15

Since I've been a little strapped for time as far as painting goes lately, I've been doing a lot more reading in my free moments--mostly about painting and drawing technique. I have all these tidbits of wisdom floating around in my head, which I fully intend to implement as I paint... but I'm afraid it will take a lot of time and practice before those things become second nature--mostly trying to improve my values, drawing, and edges. Easier said than done :)

What I love about these little subjects is that their colors are all so similar, in their range from red-orange, to orange, to yellow-orange... and yet each one has so much individual character :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June