The Maze

6x8, water mixable oil on canvas board, 4/29/2015

I apologize for the poor photo quality--I've managed to lose the battery charger for my nicer camera, so... iphone pics until I find it or order a replacement :) 

I got this portable easel for my birthday (in March!)...

...and hadn't had the chance to get out "en plein aire" to paint yet! It was a perfect day for such things today, but I still found it quite difficult to keep track of where my paints/brushes/palette/water/grocery bag for garbage, etc.,  could all be placed in a functional arrangement. And there was just the slightest bit of wind, but it was flipping up the pages of my paper palette and whisking away my trash bag (at one point I even knocked my palette face-down onto the grass, urgh). But all that being said, I DID manage to paint something outside, and I will be better prepared next time I venture out into the great outdoors to paint--not sure HOW I will be better prepared, but at least I will know what to expect. 

Anyway, there is this lovely park near our house that is modeled after the European park designs of the late 19th century, with circular paths and bush/flowerbed mazes (a favorite among the little ones). The mountain in the background is Mt. Timpanogos. I find it prettiest in spring when it still has a lovely snowcap. A mother/daughter pair happened by as I was nearly finishing up, what luck! I couldn't resist adding them in :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June