April Radishes

6x8, water mixable oil on canvas board, 4/24/15

I've been reading Richard Schmid's book Alla Prima II , and gazing at his unfinished canvases has inspired me to give it a try--leave a little bit of the canvas unfinished. I like how the unfinished portions of the painting give insight into the process of the painting's creation. Creating art is a strange confluence of reason, knowledge, inspiration, technique, and so many choices! The past couple days I've really been focusing on making my paintings as true to life as possible--realism, I suppose. I'll be the first to tell you that I have a long way to go, and the kind of concentration it requires to accurately transpose a real life object into a 2-dimensional image is intense (especially if that image moves--I've also been trying to draw my 14-month-old lately)! I'm really quite happy with how this one came out, though. You can never go wrong with radishes :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June