Sketching: Sunday afternoon

Easter weekend was really nice at our house. It's not often that we have a weekend where not much is going on, and this weekend was exactly that. We went for a couple walks, watched our church's general conference on the TV, and caught a couple of well-deserved naps on the couch. 
 I pulled out my sketchbook yesterday afternoon while my husband was napping, and quickly sketched this scene. 

This next sketch is one of the speakers at general conference. It's tricky to sketch a moving subject--you really have to rely on your memory, or wait until the subject moves into a position that would fit with the position of your drawing. 

I remember being in my first drawing class in college, and the professor talked about how when you're drawing older people, to be careful to notice the size of the nose and ears--they keep growing throughout your life. I thought that was the most interesting tidbit of information, and I've found it to be true. The ears and nose are proportionally larger on older individuals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June