Week 1, Part 2


Here's my long pose, 12 hours in. I think I've erased that face at the end of every session :P  Something about it is just off, and I think it is probably the shape or size of the head, because I'm basing the placement of the face off of where the head is. It's confusing me because I keep backing up to check my measurements for the head sight-size and they seem to add up. I may need to shave it down just a little bit. This woman does seem to have a proportionally larger head than some, but at this point, I think it's still too large. My teacher was thinking my hand was too short, so I lengthened that out a bit, but now it seems too long to me--the shape is better than it was previously, but it doesn't quite line up with the sight-size measurements I took, so I don't know... Anyway, the good news is I still have 36 hours to work these problems out (36 hours, what!?). This feels like a very long time to work on something, and I have no idea what I'm doing (I have very little experience working with charcoal, and the whole thing feels very messy to me--you know, when it feels like every time you touch the thing, it only gets worse?), but I'm just plugging along, implementing whatever I know, along with my teacher's suggestions, and hoping for the best. Maybe it's one of those "gets worse before it gets better" things. Oh, and I've been getting a lot of Audiobook reading in (Gone with the Wind. Always a good one).

And here's Thursday night's 2-hour quick pose. I had some problems with the head size on this one, too. I worked on correcting it in the last 10-15 minutes, but I don't know. It was another one of those instances where my sight-size measurement was in conflict with what "felt" right. I'm guessing my shoulders may have been a little too high, which squished the head a bit :P


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June