"Draw Mama, draw Daddy"


We had a busy weekend. My husband took his scout group camping in the middle of a winter snowstorm (yikes--but don't worry, they ended up crashing in someone's basement!). And I had an assignment to teach a lesson at church (public speaking is not my friend--talk about stress-eating the Costco blueberry muffins my husband brought home after his camp out on Saturday night). So, I guess what I'm saying is there wasn't much space in my world for being creative this weekend ;)

But last night, after things had quieted down a bit, my cute little almost-two year old boy brought me a pencil and asked me to "Draw mama, draw daddy." I love when they start making the connection that things you put on paper are representative of things in the real world--my daughter went through a stage wear she was constantly asking me the same thing: "Draw mama, draw daddy, draw Clara." It reminds me of my childhood--my mom used to keep me entertained at church by drawing pictures of mermaids, which were truly my very favorite of things :)

I was surprised that my husband's face actually looks a lot like him--in fact, probably more so than when I've actually looked at him while drawing, ha. I guess I've memorized the lines of his face! But clearly, I haven't spent enough time staring in the mirror lately--by the looks of my drawing, probably not since I was about 12 or 13. Makes sense ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June