Clara Under the Shade Tree

"Clara Under the Shade Tree"
8x10", water mixable oil on panel, 2/3/2015

 This is a portrait of my daughter Clara at about four months old. She loved to lay under our big shade tree in the back yard and gaze up at the sun filtering through the leaves.

This was my first time painting on panel, and I loved it. On canvas, half the paint gets sucked up in the textured fiber before it starts looking the way I intend it to look. The panel just lets the paint be right where I put it. It's nice :)



Comments

  1. I love this portrait of your daughter. It reminds me of Renoir with it's softness and the colors you chose and how the shadows aren't too dark. Love it! Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June