Green flowers, glass vase


7x5", water mixable oil on canvas board, 2/27/15
SOLD

I recently read something another daily painter had said--that she often paints the same subject several days in a row, getting better every time. I'm not sure I got any better this time, but I did get faster (it didn't hurt to be filling a much smaller canvas). Anyway, I've always really admired painters who can make glass look believable in a painting. There are so many different reflected colors and values, it can really turn into a mess if you aren't careful! I'm working on it... In this one I stayed away from the pthalo blue (a beautiful turquoise color, but very powerful and a little scary to paint with). I like both versions, though this one does lack the turquoise quality that's present in the actual glass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June