Red Grapes


6x6", water mixable oil on ampersand gessobord, 2/24/15

I got some new painting panels yesterday, and just had to try them out before I went to bed last night. I really like how these grapes turned out. Sometimes I feel really intimidated by what I'm about to paint, but if I just try to forget what I'm painting and see it only for the value and color I see in each space, it usually works out alright. I'm pretty happy with how these grapes turned out. 

Daily painting has been so great for me so far (best New Year's resolution ever!). I'm allowing myself to try painting anything and everything I want to, without feeling like it's a huge investment of time and money if it doesn't work out (goodness, what a bummer when you toil for weeks over a large canvas only to realize that it should really be in the garbage can). Much of the intimidation I've felt about painting is dissolving. With small, daily paintings, I can try something new every day. If it doesn't work out--well, it was an hour or two of time and a few dollars in supplies. And if it does work out, yay! I can do it again tomorrow :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June