Sunday night sketch


Okay, I have a goal this week to draw for at least 10 minutes a day. I don't want to go days without doing something art-related, because it feels like I come back rusty when I do that. So here is a tiny sketch from last night (this head is about 2" tall, not including the neck/braid). The subject was my daughter, but I didn't quite get her likeness. She probably moved about 57 times in the 10 or so minutes I was drawing--a few more still moments might have helped. I think the trick to drawing kids is to get a super fast, but accurate basic outline, then watch and wait until they get in a similar position again and quickly put down another line, and just keep going like that--the trickiest part is getting that super fast (I'm talking, like, less than 10 seconds if you're lucky) and accurate basic block-in. Still working on that ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June