Starting

16x20, water mixable oil on board, 11/1/15

I'm just getting started on this larger painting (I know that relatively speaking, 16x20" is not that big! but it's bigger than I usually figure I have time for). I stumbled across this couple in the foyer at church a while back, and I just had to snap a stealthy photo on my iPhone :) Working from a photo is always more difficult for me than working from life, but I do have access to the very spot where this photo was taken, so if I need to I can zip over there some afternoon to study from life. Starting something new is always a little scary--there's always the very real possibility that it won't turn out! But if so, I'm sure I will learn something important from the experience, so here I go. Wish me luck ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June