More of this work in progress


I'm still trudging along on with this painting. I went at this poor lady's head again this week, and I'm feeling a little better about it now (though next time I paint a face, I will make it a much bigger face. 1 1/2 inches is just so small, and if something is off by the tiniest bit the whole face just looks horribly deformed, ha). 

Since the picture above, I've scraped out the blanket (again!) and am going to give it another try sometime (maybe soon?). I've had a hard time creating the illusion of depth with this silly blanket, and I think part of the problem is that I'm working from a photograph. The camera exposes for only one gray value, and this blanket was just a little blown out, so I'm having to fudge the values, which I'm not really that great at. So I'm going to try pulling it up in Photoshop and reducing the exposure for the blanket and see if that will help.

I may need to bring her feet a little more forward/elongate them because she's looking  a little funny proportionally. And maybe ditch the sandals and give her some nice classic flats or something. Not sure I'm liking the peep toes ;) They seem a little distracting.

Here's a small progression of this face (photo above is a little more refined yet. I'll get a closeup of it later). 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June