2-hour portrait sketch of Anna

10x8"

I'm going to a portrait painting workshop soon, and I didn't really want it to be my very first experience with painting a portrait, so I've been trying to squeeze some painted portrait sketches in. This is the second one I've done, ha. I really like painting. But it adds so much more complexity to the job of drawing. I think I was getting on to her likeness in this sketch, but the color isn't what I would like it to be. Her tone seems warmer than I mixed here--I was mostly concerned with the drawing and was just mixing up some pretty bland browns. If I had a couple more days to work on it I might be able to correct some of the color issues, but again, I was standing in someone else's spot when they were absent, so it was more of a one-time thing ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June