Study of a yellow tulip in a cut glass vase

8x6", water mixable oil on canvas board, 9/10/15

I started this painting yesterday, and decided I need to work on it more this morning. Glass is so tricky. I didn't capture it as well as I would have liked, but there's always tomorrow, right? Sometimes I wish I had more time in the day (who doesn't?), so I could really push my paintings a little further and get to a point where I felt they were more complete, more polished. But at the same time, I feel so lucky that I have the opportunity to have time to spend on art at all. I'm sure there are a million people in this world who could create better art than I ever could, but will never have the chance to try. It is a supreme blessing that I am able to do this at all. So I'm going to keep trying, doing my best to ignore that little voice that says, "you're never going to get anywhere doing this for an hour or less a day" and just keep trying. An hour a day does add up, and if I focus, I think I can make that hour really count :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June