Master Copy


Edwin Austin Abbey, after John Singer Sargent, 12x9", charcoal on paper, 9/25/15

John Singer Sargent is my favorite artist (big surprise, right? ;). There happens to be a huge show of his work up at the Met in NYC right now. I follow lots of artists on social media and they're all posting pictures and raving about the show, which is great. I love seeing them. But also, I'm sooooo jealous! So I decided to start working on some copies of his work to make myself feel a little better--don't ask me why doing this makes me feel better, but it does just a little :) in typical Stacy style, the features are just a little bigger than they should be (gotta work on that!), but it was a really fun drawing to copy (and I'm loving the charcoal--haven't played around with it much til now).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June