Sketching

The past couple of weeks have been a little crazy with traveling, visitors, and more visitors--and unfortunately it hasn't left time for much painting. I did try painting a little something from a photograph this afternoon, but that one ended up in the garbage can :) However, I have been making a point to draw more lately--it seems that more often than not, the problems in my paintings stem from incorrect drawing. So I'm working on getting more accurate with that.

This was a quick sketch of a fellow artist at the drawing lab the other week. I got bored with looking at the model (they always have her hold the same pose for the full two hours, and I like to draw a little more quickly). This guy had very interesting features ;)

These are from the other night when my husband and daughter were playing Super Mario Brothers together. 



 And this is another of my husband. I missed the drawing lab one week, and he kindly obliged to sitting for me for a few minutes while he watched TV (this was about the tenth attempt, but I am getting more familiar with the particular angles of his face (which you might think I would have noticed before now, ha)).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June