Seedless

6x8, water mixable oil on canvas board, 5/4/15

This is an entry for the "sight-size" challenge this week on dailypaintworks.com. The idea being you paint the subject the same size as you view it. I hear that John Singer Sargent (my painting idol) always painted his portraits sight-size, placing his canvas as close to the subject as possible and frequently stepping back to check the likeness. I don't have the space to do much stepping back in my little painting corner, but painting sight-size is definitely a good way to hone in on the drawing accuracy of the painting. I love the colors of watermelon--we think of them as red, but there are so many different shades of orange, red, pink, purple, yellow, green, and even blue. Always a fun challenge :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June