Buffalo Crossing, again :)

12x12", water mixable oil on board, 8/6/15

I painted this same scene last December on a smaller scale, but decided to paint it again as a gift for my Great Grandpa Curly, who turns 100 this September. I hear tell that when my great uncle Larry took Curly to Yellowstone not too long ago, Curly jumped out of the car to be in the middle of a herd of buffalo and just about gave poor Larry a heart attack. Well, when being in a herd of buffalo is on your bucket list and you're nearly 100 years old, why not?

On another note, Grandpa Curly and my grandma Frances used to paint together. They would video record the Bob Ross show on PBS and send us copies of the VHS tapes to watch. Thank you, Curly for being a part of instilling a love of painting in me from early on, and happy 100th birthday to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June