Orange and Wedges


"Orange and Wedges"
6x6, water mixable oil on canvas, 1/28/15

First of all I must say, oranges are absolutely delicious this time of year. One of the first things I painted when I started up this daily painting thing back in December was an orange. It seems like a simple enough object to paint, but I found that just wasn't the case for me--the value changes are so subtle and difficult to match, especially because everything is just a slight variation of the same color. I think my painting from last night shows some improvement from the first one I tried, but I suppose I will have to try again in a little while and see if I can increase my color/value accuracy. Here they are right next to each other for comparison. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April News

Yellow is not a happy color.

June